Due to factors related to COVID-19, we will be offering the following for homeschool enrichment students for the 2021-2022 school year:
- For middle school students (ages 10-14/5th-8th grade) – Friday Group elective classes
- For elementary students (6-8/1st-2nd grade and 8-10/3rd-4thgrade) – Spanish classes
Please email email@example.com for more information.
Community School offers homeschool students the opportunity to join our full-time students in art, music, drama, technology, and Foreign Language and Cultural Studies classes at the elementary and middle school levels.
Homeschool middle school students, the equivalent of 5th through 8th grade, can also join our full-time students for a wide range of elective classes known as Friday Groups.
Limited spaces are available for homeschool students, and returning students have priority for registration.
Contact the Admissions Director for more information.
Community School requires the following for all students interested in applying as homeschool enrichment students:
- A parent and student visit with the Admissions Director
- An admissions application and $30 application fee
- 2 student recommendations forms
- A certified birth certificate
- Up-to-date immunization records
- Records from a physical given within 12 months of the student’s start date at Community School
- Transcripts from any previous school attended
- A student visit of one-class period in each enrichment class in which the student wishes to enroll, or one full-day class visit in the middle school for students applying for Friday Group elective classes
The Admissions Director will notify families of the admissions decision after completion of the required classroom visit(s).
Course Registration and Payments
Accepted homeschool students register for classes and pay a $25 registration fee annually. Course registration for accepted students is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Class schedules and tuition information are available by August 15 each year.
Friday Group elective course offerings are available 2 weeks prior to the start of each session. The length of each elective session ranges from 4 to 8 weeks with the first session of the year beginning the first Friday after Labor Day.
Tuition is due in full by the first day of class for semester classes or by the first day of each Friday Group session.
There is no financial aid available for homeschool enrichment students.