Please visit this page for regular updates on policies and procedures related to Community School operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. *Indicates a recent change to a policy on the page.
Page last update: April 8, 2021
|As of April 5, all residents ages 16+ of the Roanoke City and Allegheny Health District (RCAHD) are now able to make an appointment for a Covid-19 vaccine! We encourage our families to call the phone number below to schedule a time at either the Berglund Center or the Salem Civic Center for any of the three available vaccines.|
- When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated
- Finishing Strong (February 16, 2021)
- When to Quarantine and Options for Reducing Quarantine
- When is it Safe to be Around Others (updated December 7, 2020)
- VDH Algorithm for Evaluating a Child with COVID-19 Symptoms or Exposure (August 24, 2020)
- Community School Daily Health Screening Form
- Phase Guidance for Virginia Schools from the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Community School’s Complete Plan to Reopen for 2020/2021
Recent Family Correspondence
Health and safety updates and reminders are typically sent out weekly via Quick Notes, but please feel free to view them here on our Health and Safety News Feed.
- Cases Surge in SW Virginia (November 3, 2020)
- No News is Good News (October 20, 2020, updated October 23 with new CDC guidelines for close contact)
- Linda’s Welcome Back on the First Friday of School (September 4, 2020)
- Friendly Reminders Before We See You on Tuesday! (August 29, 2020)
- Getting Ready to Return to School – Drop off, pick up, After School Care and More (August 14, 2020)
- Summer Letter to CS Families from Linda Roth (July 18, 2020)
- Reopening Plan for Fall (June 16, 2020)
Before School and After School Programs
Due to social distancing restrictions, we are limiting the number of students in Before School and After School programs. Families are required to register in advance to reserve a spot for each child. Please register according to your child’s age group on our Current Families page. Contact Patrick Critzer with questions about our Before School or After School programs.
Questions & Concerns
If you think your child will need special accommodations related to health concerns or a diagnosed disability, please contact Linda Roth.