Please visit this page for regular updates on policies and procedures related to Community School operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. *Indicates a recent change to a policy on the page.
Page last update: November 17, 2020
On November 16, after school hours, we received notification of our first positive COVID-19 case on campus. The person testing positive was last on campus on November 10. All CS families were notified of this event immediately by email. Since the case was identified in the middle school, we determined that, in order to best protect the health and safety of our families and staff, all middle school students should be considered to have had close contact with the person and begin quarantine immediately. Middle school classes will take place online for the duration of the 14 day quarantine which will end on November 24. Families should continue to monitor symptoms and alert the school if they develop new symptoms or receive a positive diagnosis.
- VDH Algorithm for Evaluating a Child with COVID-19 Symptoms or Exposure (August 24, 2020)
- Community School Daily Health Screening Form
- Phase Guidance for Virginia Schools from the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Community School’s Complete Plan to Reopen for 2020/2021
Recent Family Correspondence
Health and safety updates and reminders are typically sent out weekly via Quick Notes, but please feel free to view them here on our Health and Safety News Feed.
- Cases Surge in SW Virginia (November 3, 2020)
- No News is Good News (October 20, 2020, updated October 23 with new CDC guidelines for close contact)
- Linda’s Welcome Back on the First Friday of School (September 4, 2020)
- Friendly Reminders Before We See You on Tuesday! (August 29, 2020)
- Getting Ready to Return to School – Drop off, pick up, After School Care and More (August 14, 2020)
- Summer Letter to CS Families from Linda Roth (July 18, 2020)
- Reopening Plan for Fall (June 16, 2020)
Before School and After School Programs
Due to social distancing restrictions, we are limiting the number of students in Before School and After School programs. Families are required to register in advance to reserve a spot for each child. Please register according to your child’s age group on our Current Families page. Contact Patrick Critzer with questions about our Before School or After School programs.
Questions & Concerns
If you think your child will need special accommodations related to health concerns or a diagnosed disability, please contact Linda Roth.