Dear CS Families,
We are well aware of the surge in COVID cases due to the Omicron variant and wanted to review recent updates by the CDC on December 27 related to isolation and quarantine guidelines.
- The CDC has shortened the recommended time for isolation for positive cases of COVID-19 to 5 days if they are asymptomatic or their symptoms are resolving (no fever for 24 hours without medication); isolation must then be followed with 5 days of strict mask wearing when around others.
- For people who are unvaccinated or are more than six months from their second mRNA dose (or more than 2 months from the J&J vaccine) and not yet boosted, the CDC recommends quarantine for 5 days after an exposure to COVID-19 followed by strict mask use for an additional 5 days.
- If fully vaccinated and boosted, an exposed person must wear a well-fitting mask at all times when around others for 10 days after exposure. You do not need to stay home.
- All those exposed should get a test for SARS-CoV-2 at day 5 after exposure. If symptoms occur, individuals should immediately quarantine until a negative test confirms the symptoms are not due to COVID-19.
Our school has done an amazing job so far slowing the spread in our community and keeping our students in school. We appreciate the cooperation and conscientious reporting that families do to notify us of cases and keep students home if they are sick or having symptoms. The COVID-19 working group met before the break and agreed that we needed to keep following the recommendations from the CDC and keep school protocols in place at this time of high transmission due to the Omicron variant.
CS will continue to adhere to the following mitigation strategies:
- We encourage families to get vaccinated and boosted when it’s available to them.
- Mask wearing both inside and outside-masks should be well fitted without gaps on the sides and not need constant adjustment to cover nose and mouth; masks should be clean and have 2 or more layers of washable, breathable fabric
- Daily health checks
- Maintaining social distance of at least 3 feet
- Ventilation of all rooms
- Handwashing and respiratory etiquette
- Staying home when sick and getting tested
- Cleaning and disinfection of common surfaces
Thanks for your support.