1) Kate B. is graduating from Cave Spring High School and will attend her first choice school, The College of Charleston, on an academic scholarship this fall. She plans to major in political science with a minor, or possibly a second major, in Spanish. Kate attended CS for four years in elementary and middle school.
2) Alex L. is graduating from Carleton College where he majored in classical languages with a concentration in chemistry. After graduation in June, he is heading straight to Athens, Greece, to attend a summer program at the American School of Classical Studies, followed by a trip to Istanbul. This fall, he will be teaching at Community High and taking classes to finish his pre-med curriculum prior to applying to medical school. Last year, Alex spent a semester in a pre-med program in Copenhagen, Denmark, where he worked alongside Danish doctors. Alex attended CS for over nine years from preschool through middle school (Seminar Class of 2001).
3) Molly R. is graduating from Cave Spring High School and will attend James Madison University, where she was accepted under the early admission program. She plans to major in math. (Thank you Linda R. for being her inspiration!) While attending Cave Spring, Molly was a member of the track team, Spanish National Honors Club, and the Beta Club. Molly attended CS for four years in middle school (Seminar class of 2005).
4) Liz S. is graduating from Northside High School and will attend the University of South Carolina this fall. She plans to study fashion design. Liz attended CS for five years in elementary and middle school (Seminar class of 2005) and CHS for two years.
5) Rain Y. has just returned from Madrid, Spain, where she completed a two-year program though the University of St. Louis. She will be attending the University of Mary Washington this fall to complete her degree in anthropology, with a minor in Spanish. Rain attended CS and CHS for over thirteen years, from preschool through high school (CHS class of 2007).