1) Congratulations to the following CS alumni and current CHS students on their success on the National Latin Exam: Latin III/IV Poetry – Lucas S. (Magna Cum Laude) and Yasmine A. (Cum Laude), Latin I – Alex P. (Maxima Cum Laude) and Logan K. (Cum Laude). 2) An addition to the March 31 update on […]
1) Congratulations to Daniel C. who graduates from Radford University this weekend with a B.S. in geography and a concentration in environmental studies. Daniel earned GIS certification and currently works mapping wetlands for Conservation Management, a company housed at Virginia Tech. Daniel attended CS for eight years (Seminar class of 1999). 2) Congratulations to Alex […]
Sarah S. graduated with a Master of Fine Arts from the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) last spring. She is currently teaching photography at Anne Arundel Community College in Maryland. Sarah attended Community School for middle school (Seminar class of 1998).
1) Tony Z. will complete his degree this spring from the University of North Carolina School of the Arts (School of Filmmaking). He is currently raising money to shoot a full-length feature film based on a screenplay he co-wrote with his father Tom Z. Tony has already secured some funding and won a prestigious grant […]
1) Walter P. was one of seven freshmen recognized as Students of Excellence by the Public Schools of Robeson County and local chambers of commerce. Students were selected for their leadership, service, and academics. Walter currently attends Purnell Swett High School in North Carolina. He was a member of Community School’s Seminar class of 2009. 2) […]
From Ruby B.: I thought I’d let you know what my brother William and I are up to these days. I’m a junior at Duke now, majoring in linguistics, minoring in Arabic and getting a certificate in early childhood studies. I spent a part of my summer doing “Duke in Greece” and taking philosophy, and […]
1) Laura S. graduated from University of Virginia in 2007 with high distinction in psychology. She then worked for two years at the University of Pennsylvania doing research on addiction treatment. This fall, she started a Ph.D. program in clinical psychology at Temple University in Philadelphia to study anxiety. 2) Lucy S. graduated in […]